Have you ever stood in your storeroom, surrounded by discarded cartridges and wondering what to do with them all? The most common solution that comes to mind would be to throw them away, but there are other ways to utilise these discarded ink and toner cartridges.
With printing jobs exceeding hundreds of pages a day, what do you do with your empty printer cartridges? Most people throw them in the bin, not considering the negative effects on the environment. Approximately 200,000,000 discarded printer cartridges end up in landfill in the UK yearly, and it can take centuries before a single cartridge decomposes. Instead of adding to the environmental woes of the world, why not reuse these cartridges to your own benefit? That way, you can clear the clutter in your store room without adding to the growing level of waste sent to landfill. Here are a few things that you can do with your used printer cartridge Toner Kingdom Compatible Ink Cartridge B07DMM9PBY
There are three types of ink and toner cartridges:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer cartridge: These are the ones that are directly produced by the printer manufacturers themselves.
- Remanufactured/Recycled Original cartridge: These are empty original cartridges that are examined thoroughly for faults, refilled, reconstructed and re-packaged to be sold again.
- Compatible cartridge: These are newly manufactured cartridges created by a third-party manufacturer.
Instead of throwing away your used printer cartridge, you can have them refilled. A used ink and toner cartridge can potentially be refilled five to six times in its lifespan. As you need cartridges on a daily basis for large amounts of printing, it’s often more cost effective for you to reuse a used ink and toner cartridge rather than purchase expensive original cartridges. If you have the time, patience and expertise, you can refill a used printer cartridge yourself. To do this, you’ll have to purchase a refill kit from a printing supply store, either online or on the high street. Keep in mind that any mistake in the refilling process will leave behind stains and could also cause printer problems.
Here are some tips on refilling your used printer cartridge:
- Use a syringe to insert the ink.
- Make a small hole on top of the cartridge and inject the ink into the reservoir.
- Once the cartridge is filled, put it back into the printer.
If you feel that you cannot manage refilling the empty cartridge yourself, then the next best thing is to send your used printer cartridge to a printing supply store and have them refill it for you. Before you know it, your old, worn-out cartridge will be as good as new.
2. Make money through your used printer cartridge
Did you know you can make money by selling a used printer cartridge? Certain companies offer incentives to recycle empty toner cartridges, and you will find many online companies that will buy your used cartridges in return for money. The actual amount you receive is dependent upon the quality and brand of your cartridge and the company you choose to recycle with.